Below is a summary of the new things we have released in Kitemaker lately.
You can check it all out by heading over to Kitemaker!
Redesign for easier navigation
We've added a sidebar that will help you navigate your organization and all your spaces. You can hide the sidebar at any time by pressing the << icon on the sidebar itself, or using the hotkey cmd/ctrl+s.
Now we have a flexible setup where we can continue to enhance Kitemaker without it becoming confusing or cluttered.
Work item backlog
The first feature to take advantage of this new design is the work item backlog. By clicking "Add element" or using the Kitemaker Command (cmd/ctrl+K) and searching for "Add work item backlog", you can add a separate backlog to your space. This has been a frequently requested feature for teams that want to maintain a large backlog but don't want it cluttering up their board.
When a backlog is added to a space, there will be a separate Backlog board where you can keep your backlog organized and easily move things to your Current board when you're ready to start work on them.
Now collaborating on themes is even easier. Themes now have an activity feed just like work items, so you can have discussions and track the activities related to your themes. Keep an eye out for even more theme enhancements coming soon.
This is a feature we've had a lot of requests for and now it's finally here! You can now add any file to your work items and themes by either dragging and dropping them or typing '/file' in the description or comment.
GraphQL API Alpha
We're introducing a GraphQL API that allows teams to manipulate their spaces, work items and themes programatically. It's in its early stages and subject to change, but teams are already testing it out.
Interested in trying it out? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll provide you access.
If you have any feedback, you can:
- Send us an e-mail on email@example.com,
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization.
We're always pushing out small but important fixes, so here's some of the smaller things we've gone live with recently:
- Roadmaps only show up in spaces that have themes. You can also manually add a roadmap by clicking "Add element".
- You can mark individual updates as read or unread. Just press the hotkey 'A' or use the 'Mark read/unread' button.
- Fixed a bug where deleting a space prevented the same space name from being reused later.
- Ensured that comment threads disappeared once all comments in the thread were deleted.
- Fixed an issue where content copied out of Kitemaker would lose its formatting when it was pasted in Google docs, Notion, etc.
- Added a filter to show only work items that have no team members working on them.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes opening the Electron app via a link (for example from the Slack integration) would cause an error.
- Clicking the current themes on the top of the board now filters the board to only show work items in that theme.
- Fixed a bug where the focus followed a work item when it was moved using the 'M' hotkey.
- Fixed a bug where notifications was not showing up.
- Fixed a bug where archiving would sometimes move the focus.
- Made copy/pasting from Slack more resilient.
- Links are once again the proper color in comments.
- Fixed an issue where closing a comment thread could sometimes result in the whole activity feed scrolling to the top.
- Swallowed cmd/ctrl+a outside of inputs to prevent accidental selection of the entire board, etc.