GraphQL API access
Access to our API has been invite-only so far, but now we're opening it up to everyone. You can get access to API tokens by searching for "developer settings" in the Kitemaker command, or by clicking the cogwheel/settings icon ⚙️ for your organization and selecting "Developer settings".
From this settings dialog, you can issue tokens for new applications or get a personal access token in order to access the API as your own user.
Documentation for the API is available in the Kitemaker guide. The API is still in an alpha state, so expect some changes going forward.
Using our API to build something awesome? We'd love to hear about it! Drop us an email at email@example.com!
Kitemaker now also supports webhooks, allowing your applications to be notified whenever interesting events happen in Kitemaker. Webhook support is provided by our partner Diahook and instructions on how to use them are available in Kitemaker guide. Currently we have hooks whenever work items, themes, and comments are created or updated.
Just let us know if you'd like to see additional hooks. Happy hacking!
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us you can:
- Send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
We've also made a bunch of little improvements that we hope make the experience of using Kitemaker even better:
- You can now move work items between spaces via the cmd/ctrl+shift+m hotkey (or by selecting "Move to space" in the ... menu for a work item). All comments and activities are maintained when moving to a new space
- You can now remove the work item backlog from a space if you decide you don't want to use it. Simple search for "Remove work item backlog" in the Kitemaker commands. All work items in your backlog columns will automatically be moved to the leftmost column on the "Current" board
- We have some new hotkeys for moving work items that result in the work items being moved to the bottom of a status column instead of the top. You can use shift+m to move a work item to the bottom of any status column, and < and > to move items to the bottom of adjacent columns
- Made option+m a hotkey to move all work items in one status to another status
- Made a change to lowercase letters in our hotkey hints in order to remove some confusion (e.g. whether something is an uppercase I or a lowercase L)
- Fixed a bug where sometimes notifications didn't correctly open the comment thread when you received a reply to one of your comments
- Fixed a bug where moving work items to your done column via the ... menu had unexpected result
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to pick some users when mapping Trello users to Kitemaker users during an import
- Adding a filter to the move hotkey so that you can filter for the status you want to move to
- Fixed a bug where the label filter didn't get the focus if you added a label via the Kitemaker Command
- Fixed a bug with the title editor where you could accidentally overwrite the work item title in rare cases
- We tweaked the way the work item search/creation input works on the theme screen because users were reporting they often accidentally added an existing work item when they actually wanted to create a new one
- Fixed a bug where deactivated users would still occasionally show up when mentioning users
- Fixed an issue where the little hover menu on comments (for adding reactions, etc.) covered up the X icon used to close a comment thread
- Rather than saying "Close all work items" in the ... menu for a status column, we now specify the name of the column to move them to since "closing" is not a terminology we use anywhere else in Kitemaker
- Fixed a weird bug where adding reactions to certain activities caused extra messages to be sent to the Slack integration