Figma integration, improved updates & notifications, full-text search
We've had a Figma integration for a while in Kitemaker, but it just got a whole lot better. To get the changes, you need to install the Figma integration for your Figma team. Find "Manage integrations either in the organization ⚙️ menu or in the Kitemaker command by pressing
The integration currently provides the following functionality:
- Kitemaker will update the thumbnails of the Figma designs whenever they're edited in Figma
- If a comment explicitly mentions a Kitemaker work item ID (e.g.
ACM-123) we'll attach that Figma comment to the respective work item
- If a design that is embedded in the description of a work item gets a new comment thread created on it, we'll automatically attach that comment thread to the Kitemaker work item and even keep track of whether or not the comment thread has been resolved or not
Improved updates and notifications
We've received a lot of feedback on our updates and notifications over the past few months and we're excited to release some improvements that should make them a lot more useful.
The updates view (which you access by clicking "Updates" in the sidebar or by pressing
u at any time) has gotten a refreshed look. Now it's easy to differentiate between notifications that need your attention and updates that are just "nice to know", making things less noisy and easier to scan.
The notifications also now provide more context, such as a snippet of the relevant comment. This context is visible not only in the updates view, but also in the browser/app notifications and notification emails.
We've improved our searching so we now search the full text of work items when you're on the search screen. Additionally, you can mention themes by title and we'll find work items that are a part of that theme.
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us you can:
- Send us an e-mail on email@example.com
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
Here are some smaller improvements we've released this week:
- Fixed a bug where using shift+enter when creating a work item caused some focus issues
- Fixed a bug where pressing cmd/ctrl+enter on the board (to create a work item and start a new one) didn't work
- Fixed a bug where pressing escape to discard edits to theme titles was broken
- Fixed a bug in our emoji detection that could occasionally make some activity feed items from Slack and other integrations look a bit wonky
- Fixed a bug where the work item "updated at" time would sometimes change merely by opening the work item
- Fixed a bug where if you inserted a Figma design by pasting the link and then continued editing before the design was loaded, the design would never load
- Fixed a bug where using markdown syntax for links would sometimes cause the cursor to jump down a line for no good reason