Dependencies and new onboarding
Hi there! 👋
We've released another set of awesome improvements to Kitemaker. Hope you enjoy!
You can check it all out by heading over to Kitemaker!
It's now possible to create dependencies between work items, using either a depends on/enables or blocked/blocking relationship. Blocked work items will get a red highlight in the board.
You can add dependencies from the ... menu on the work item card or via hotkeys by pressing
d (to mark a work item as having a dependency) or
x (to mark a work item as blocked).
We've completely overhauled our onboarding, improving the experience and giving the whole thing a fresh new visual style.
We've carried the new look through a number of other screens in the app as well, our personal favorite being our new error screen that blinks with the same pattern as the flashing lights from Quake 🤓
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us, you can:
- Send us an e-mail on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
As always, we've also shipped a bunch of smaller improvements. Here are some of the highlights:
- You can now use the "in:" modifier to searches to restrict results to a single space
- Ensured that changes to work item and theme titles are correctly saved if you press the back button while editing
- Fixed a bug where newly created labels didn't always show up in the label picker
- Fixed a bug where links to freshly-created work items didn't always load correctly
- Handled a case where work items could accidentally be moved to a recently deleted status column
- Fixed a bug where comment threads with deleted comments had an incorrect reply count
- Fixed a bug where the history could get duplicate entries causing unnecessary escape or back button presses
- Improve the rendering of archived work items on the theme screen
- Fixed a bug where it could appear that both the activity feed and the list of work items had keyboard focus at the same time on the theme screen
xas a hotkey for strikethrough text formatting