Dependencies and new onboarding
It's now possible to create dependencies between work items, using either a depends on/enables or blocked/blocking relationship. Blocked work items will get a red highlight in the board.
You can add dependencies from the ... menu on the work item card or via hotkeys by pressing
d (to mark a work item as having a dependency) or
x (to mark a work item as blocked).
We've completely overhauled our onboarding, improving the experience and giving the whole thing a fresh new visual style.
We've carried the new look through a number of other screens in the app as well, our personal favorite being our new error screen that blinks with the same pattern as the flashing lights from Quake 🤓
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us, you can:
- Send us an e-mail on email@example.com
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
As always, we've also shipped a bunch of smaller improvements. Here are some of the highlights:
- You can now use the "in:" modifier to searches to restrict results to a single space
- Ensured that changes to work item and theme titles are correctly saved if you press the back button while editing
- Fixed a bug where newly created labels didn't always show up in the label picker
- Fixed a bug where links to freshly-created work items didn't always load correctly
- Handled a case where work items could accidentally be moved to a recently deleted status column
- Fixed a bug where comment threads with deleted comments had an incorrect reply count
- Fixed a bug where the history could get duplicate entries causing unnecessary escape or back button presses
- Improve the rendering of archived work items on the theme screen
- Fixed a bug where it could appear that both the activity feed and the list of work items had keyboard focus at the same time on the theme screen
xas a hotkey for strikethrough text formatting