My spaces and performance improvements
Hi there! 👋
Time for an update on some awesome new features and improvements in Kitemaker. Hope you enjoy them!
You can check it all out by heading over to Kitemaker!
Also, take a look at our new blog post on Kitemaker for designers.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
As your organization grows and you add more teams/products, you may find that you end up with a large number of spaces in Kitemaker. This can make it difficult to find the spaces you’re looking for and makes it hard to find an ordering of spaces that makes all of your team members happy. To address this, we’ve launched a feature called “My spaces”.
“My spaces” allows users to have their own list of their favorite spaces, where they decide the ordering (and therefore the numeric hotkeys for switching spaces).
To add spaces to “My spaces”, you can either drag spaces in the sidebar to the “My spaces” section, click on the ⚙️ icon for a space and toggle the “In My Spaces” toggle, or search for “My spaces” in the Kitemaker command. To set the ordering/hotkeys, simply drag spaces up and down. By default, the spaces in “Other spaces” will not be shown so the sidebar stays nice and clutter-free, but you can see them by clicking on “Other spaces” to expand that section.
We’ve landed another round of major performance improvements for Kitemaker, which provide a much snappier experience when changing screens, adding/removing filters on the board, and more.
For those who are interested in the technical details, we achieved these gains by changing the way Kitemaker manages state, switching to a library called Recoil.js.
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us, you can:
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
We’ve also released a bunch of smaller fixes and improvements recently:
- Fixed a bug where the title wasn’t getting the focus when users clicked the “New theme” button the roadmap screen.
- Fixed a number of bugs in the Figma integration, making it much more reliable to embed Figma designs.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes updates wouldn’t be correctly scrolled onto the screen when using keyboard navigation in the updates view.
- Made it easier to find labels when creating a new work item from Slack using the “Create work item” shortcut.
- It’s now possible to find deactivated users when filtering boards by members.
cmd/ctrl+downin the activity feed now correctly scrolls the feed to the bottom.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes some of the breadcrumbs at the top of the screen were not clickable.
- If a user adds an image, file, or video block to a comment using
/imageand friends but then doesn’t actually upload an image, we no longer show the placeholder in the submitted comment.
- Fixed a bug where the editor would recognize a non-color as a color code and attempt to show a preview of that color.
- Fixed a bug where moving work items or themes to the archive would result in the archive being incorrectly sorted.
- Improved the typing latency of work item and theme descriptions.
- Fixed a bug where if you were on My work or Search screens, you couldn’t open settings for your spaces.
- Fixed a bug where if you quickly double pressed enter when adding a label, theme, emoji, etc. if would actually add and remove the thing you were trying to add.
- Fixed a bug where if you unarchived work items via a hotkey, the keyboard focus would move one item too many.
- Now when you hover links, the URL editor input doesn’t steal the focus from the editor.
- Improved the loading times and caching of images in descriptions and comments.
- Fixed the
dhotkey to edit descriptions on freshly unarchived work items.