Editor drag-and-drop and presence, work item limits
Hi there! 👋
Time for an update on some awesome new features and improvements in Kitemaker. Hope you enjoy them!
You can check it all out by heading over to Kitemaker!
You can now quickly and easily reorder blocks in the description of work items, themes, snippets and more using drag and drop.
If you prefer to use hotkeys instead, you can move blocks up and down with
Now when your teammates are typing in the same work item as you, you’ll be able to see them as they type. It’s especially useful when the team starts together when hashing out work items.
Work item limits
It’s often good practice to limit the amount of work your team has in process. Kitemaker now makes this easy with work item limits. To configure work item limits for a status column, press the … for the column and click “Set work item limit”, or search for “Set work item limit” in the Kitemaker Command (
cmd/ctrl+k). Then if the number of work items in the column exceeds the limit, you’ll get a clear visual cue.
We’re introducing a brand new section to our change log this time around. We’ve got some new features in the works and we’re looking for teams to try them out and give us some feedback. If you’re interested, send us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or ping us on our community Slack!
- We’re making to-dos much more powerful by allowing the addition of metadata (like members, labels and impact/effort), surfacing to-dos in My Work and allow to-dos to be automatically closed via the GitHub/GitLab integrations.
- We’re rolling out support for GitHub Enterprise, as well as self-hosted GitLab. If you’re using one of these, we’d love to hear from you.
- We’ve got an improved updates experience coming that automatically groups updates together by work items and lets you reply to comment threads without even leaving the updates screen.
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us, you can:
- Send us an e-mail at email@example.com
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
As always, we’ve also shipped a slew of smaller fixes and improvements recently:
- You can now sort columns by created or updated date via the … menu for the column.
- Improved the typing latency in the editor.
- Fixed a bug where pressing cmd+enter when creating a theme in the roadmap didn’t correctly clear the input.
- Improved URL detection in the editor so that URLs are checked against a list of well known TLDs so there aren’t as many false positive links.
- Fixed a bug where work items accidentally ended up in the To-do column instead of the Inbox when the Space had a backlog.
- Fixed a bug where the
cmd/ctrl+shift+ahotkey didn’t work when attaching files in the editor.
- Fixed a bug where the sort order of cards didn’t always update properly after going offline and coming back online.
- Search results coming from Spaces contained in My Spaces now get priority.
- Added a “Not updated/created since” filters.
- Fixed a bug where keyboard focus was sometimes broken when moving between work items with
- Fixed a bug where the hotkey combos for jumping to different screens (e.g.
g+r) wouldn’t always work.
- Fixed a bug where it was impossible to add the same guest user to multiple spaces.
- Fixed a bug where the UI would indicate that an email had been successfully change when it had not.