Zapier integration and GitHub issue embeds
Hi there! 👋
Time for an update on some awesome new features and improvements in Kitemaker. Hope you enjoy them!
You can check it all out by heading over to Kitemaker!
You can now supercharge automation with Kitemaker and Zapier. Zapier is a workflow automation platform which allows you to create “Zaps” from triggers like Slack messages or e-mails to create new work items in Kitemaker etc.
To set it up, go to manage integrations from the Kitemaker Command (
Ctrl/Cmd + k), choose Zapier and follow the instructions.
GitHub issue embeds
We now enable you to keep track of GitHub issues within Kitemaker. Managing an open source project and want to link public issues to your work item? Simply paste the link to the issue in the editor and press enter to embed it. You can also use the
/github command in the editor to embed an issue.
This functionality requires additional permissions for the GitHub integration. If you already have the GitHub integration installed, you should receive an email from GitHub to accept the updated permissions.
In the last changelog, we introduced this section about beta features. These are the things we’re currently iterating on and would love to hear your feedback.
- We’re making to-dos much more powerful by allowing the addition of metadata (like members, labels and impact/effort), surfacing to-dos in My Work and allow to-dos to be automatically closed via the GitHub/GitLab integrations.
- We’re rolling out support for GitHub Enterprise, as well as self-hosted GitLab. If you’re using one of these, we’d love to hear from you.
- We’ve got an improved updates experience coming that automatically groups updates together by work items and lets you reply to comment threads without even leaving the updates screen.
We're always happy to hear any feedback you have. To reach us, you can:
- Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact us through the built-in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or
- Join our community Slack organization
The smaller fixes and improvements this time around include:
- Fixed a bug where the member picker wasn’t closing
- The work item limit for a column now respects filters
- Fixed a performance issue on the work item screen where it could re-render whenever a work item or theme was updated
- Fixed a bug where accepting suggestions to mention a user could result in some weird trailing characters
- Landing page performance improvements