New things in Kitemaker
We have now released the first version of roadmap and themes. If you are not familiar with themes, it’s, in this context, basically similar to Jira Epics. To add an issue to a theme, simply press ‘!’ when the issue has focus. To view the roadmap, press ‘G’ then ‘!’.
Note that themes that are in the “Current” time horizon are visible on top of the issue board.
'!' means theme, 'G' then '!' means go to roadmap
By pressing ‘F’ you can now filter the board. You can so far filter on assignees, labels, themes, free text, and creation dates. You can also press ‘Q’ on the board to instant filter issues assigned to you.
Press 'F' to apply filters. 'Q' will toggle filtering issues assigned to you
Keyboard shortcuts are powerful, and some more powerful than others. That is why you can now undo all the risky actions in Kitemaker.
Kitemaker telling you about risky undoable operations
Github Issues import
We have met some teams with a long history in Github Issues. That is why we built a Github Issues import. The import doesn’t only bring the issues, the assignees, and labels, but also closed issues, and their history.
Missing an importer for your tool? We’ll build more, so tell us about it at email@example.com
Import all your history from Github Issues
You can now copy/paste issues (cmd+c and then cmd+v). This allows you to duplicate issues or copy issues across spaces. Notice that when you do copy an issue, it brings all history, and both original and new issues will contain an activity referencing the other issue.
Ctrl(Cmd)+C and the Ctrl(Cmd)+V will duplicate an issue
Onboarding when creating a new organization
One of the challenges of Kitemaker is to teach the user about all the cool things in Kitemaker. Therefore are we improving the onboarding. Currently, we’re testing a tutorial that explains how to set up the first space in an organization.
Get to know Kitemaker step-by-step-by-step
Feedback, bug reports, and suggestions for improvements are always welcome. We read and respond to all of them. Ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll look into it ASAP.
Also, if you want a quicker way of giving feedback and ask questions, you can sign-up to our community Slack channel. Ping us at email@example.com to get access!
We don’t remember everything we did (because it was a lot), but here is a list of some of the other changes we have done:
- Figma is now part of the ‘/’ menu in comments and descriptions 👀
- Hotkey menu is now searchable 🎉
- If you mention issues, we will add activity to the mentioned issue 🗣
- We now show commit messages from GitHub that mention issues 🧈
- Improved handling of todos in descriptions
- More keyboard hints
- Redid the emails Kitemaker sends out
- Fixed modals not accepting escape (oops! 🙈)
- Improved handling of long label names
- Fixed up the placement of login and tutorial dialogs
- Fixed status column deletion (you can now press Alt/Option+Backspace to delete an empty status column)
- Improved escape handling and commenting highlighting
- Fixed a bug where drag and dropping an image to an description would sometimes delete portions of the description (🙀)
- Fixed a bug where dragging an image into the description would make the spinner never stop
- Made transition from new issue card to newly created issue card 🧈
- Hint about creating cards about shift+enter if you open an issue directly after creating it
- Added Feedback and Help in Kitemaker Command
- Fixed the keyboard focus when opening issues
- Fixed opening notifications sometimes not highlighting correct comment
- Optimized speed 🏎
- Fixed a bug where the + button on the issue screen wouldn’t work