Here is a summary of the new things we have released in Kitemaker lately.
You can check it all out by heading over to Kitemaker!
You can also follow us on Twitter or LinkedIn.
If you have any feedback, fire us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org, contact us through the built in chat by clicking the icon in the bottom right corner, or join our community Slack organization.
New things in Kitemaker
Alt (Option on mac)+v toggles between board view and list view.
You can now see all your issues in a list view. Each status is collapsable so that you can hide the issues in particular statuses. Simply press enter to collapse a status when it is highlighted in list view.
Impact and effort
Several of our user are utilizing t-shirt sized impact and effort estimates in order to help with prioritization. We therefore added support for this in Kitemaker:
Press E to set effort, and I to set impact
To help with prioritization, you can also sort the elements in a status by impact and effort. Find sorting by pressing cmd+K, or by clicking the “…” on the status.
Sort by impact and effort to help prioritize issues.
Chat with us
We added a chat dialog that lets you ask questions, come with feedback or raise problems directly with our product team.
Chat with Kitemakers in real time
Feedback, bug reports, and suggestions for improvements are always welcome. We read and respond to all of them. Ping us at email@example.com or through the built-in chat, and we’ll look into it ASAP.
We don’t remember everything we did (because it was a lot), but here is a list of some of the other changes we have done:
- Issue names are now included in notifications and notification emails
- Desktop app now support multiple windows
- Archive all issues is now way faster
- The desktop app now auto-updates, and has a nicer icon
- Fixed a few places where the internal “back button” would take you to the wrong place
- Fixed the close icon on the updates slide-in not being visible in light mode
- Fixed multiple bugs where certain operations would make Kitemaker loose keyboard focus
- Fixed cmd+shift+i not working properly everywhere
- Fixed triple clicking in description makes it loose focus
- Fixed a bug where the top of the screen would render incorrectly
- Fixed bugs when copy/pasting snippets from Slack
- Built in chat service to let users easily ask questions or provide feedback
- Fixed a formatting bug when copy/pasting from Kitemaker to VS Code
- Updated the design on issues everywhere